Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Getting this train moving again.

I really wanted to come back to the blog with a great piece on the Macho Man Randy Savage, however no matter what I write it just doesn't do him justice. Here is what I can say for sure, he was a hell of a worker in the ring or on the mic, as one of my favorite announcers Bobby the Brain Heenan would say he was a lunatic, a man possessed, The most dangerous man in wrestling, and so much more. I had the true honor to meet him a few times when I lived in Vegas and let me say he was just the coolest guy. The man truly loved the wrestling world and his fans, he would sign autographs and tell story after story. It's like you drawn into his world, his.... Madness. He just had a unique ability to have great story lines, and did it with all of the greats, DDP, Hulk Hogan. Ric Flair, the Ultimate Warrior, The Undertaker, Jake the Snake Roberts, Rickey the Dragon Steamboat, The Million Dollar Man, I mean the list goes on and on. What was so great about him was that even in the late 80's early 90's when wrestling was  fake was common knowledge, he still made you pause and say whoa that seems real, his story lines just had a way of taking on a life of its own. He was also a great announcer, he worked the broadcast booth the same way he wrestled... intensely and passionately. Aside from all that, what stands out most for me was his angle with DDP, it lasted more than a year and in my mind that is the one every up and coming super star should watch over and over again, because that is as good as it gets in the wrestling biz, enjoy eye listeners and Rest In Peace Macho King

Enjoy eye listeners.

http://youtu.be/O4wB_j6Wsv0

http://youtu.be/qtbbfiif4sw

http://youtu.be/vGBIZTLR5rk

http://youtu.be/CDvXVP2iSNs

2 comments:

  1. G'day Dave. Great blog. I enjoyed your view of Randy Savage. I looked at all the web sites after you posted that he had died and I got the feeling he was very well liked and good in the ring. Another one of the great wrestlers gone way too soon. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tribute to Mr. Savage. The man was an absolute legend in the business and will all ways be remembered. Keep on Rockin in the free world Dave. We'll do a podcast together really soon bro and bring you to your blog audience in a whole other fashion.

    ReplyDelete