Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 23, 2011

While the cats away the mice will.....not blog ...as...much.

Hey guys my old blog-mobile has been staling out on me the last few days and by that I mean my brain hurts, I'm not feeling great as far as my body goes right now and I have been trying to think about how to right our ship that has been sent adrift the last few months. First I have got to fight the VA harder, I have had 6 surgeries on my back and groin, countless cortisone shots and a have a electronic stimulator implanted into my spine for the rest of my life, also I have to use a cane just get around for everyday use, a walker for longer trips to the store and such and now I even have to use a wheel chair if I want to go to like a flee market or something. The point is, where does it end, I have gained over 140 pounds since all this happened and to be honest I don't even eat all that much, I don't drink soda I don't eat junk but I can't seem to shed any weight and honestly I don't know how to find my way back. One thing I do know is that the VA should be supporting me more than 20 percent and that's not even new money, you see what they did was they took 20 percent from what I get from the Army Medical Retirement Fund and made it tax free so I get like 6 bucks more that what I was getting and just to be clear I only get 950 bucks from that anyway and they made 246 of that tax free and I am supposed to be happy about that. I spent 14 months jumping through their hoops to get my claim processed, 14 months ....for 20 percent that is not even new money I mean what a joke. Lets not even start on with that joke of a program the 9/11 GI BILL, talk about a screw job, but different story for a different day. Now I know I haven't blogged about this stuff in a while and that my forum has taken on a more casual entertainment feel, which I enjoy it helps me reconnect with a world I feel isolated from, but I can't forget why I started this thing and that was not only to help me clear my head and take back my life but also to raise awareness of the constant struggle wounded warriors such as my self have to go through. So I make a request to all of you who enjoy the blog, know me or another vet that is struggling, support us, pass the blog on, follow this blog, write a letter, make a call, let the world know that we are still here and for us the fighting has stopped just because we left the battlefield. Most problems still exist because someone, anyone just refuses to bend over and offer a hand, and not a handout to those on the ground.

Second I have to find more ways to make some money, I have so many ideas but I just can't seem to think how to get it going so if anyone has any business experience or are well off  and want to share some info with a man that has some legit great ideas and wants to improve his families station well, then Facebook me. Or just shout em out we are all a family on Blogspot.

OK thanks I had to get that outta me. OK next. I got a song of the day that kinda helped me write that above, check it out, classic song with a powerful message http://youtu.be/drSCtseoNxQ

My Bulls lost game 4 so no sweep but that's OK we needed a good fight in round one to wake us up time to close out in game 5 and get ready for round 2.

My Cubbies fought hard to up end the Dodgers last night so yeah, go Cubs Go.

Happy Easter my friends, I hope you all have a great day, no matter what your faith, colored eggs children think are delivered by bunnies is just cute, Zombie Jesus or no Zombie Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. G'day Dave. I wish I had some magic words, some you beaut solution, some inspiration that would help, but, for the life of me I haven't.I could talk a lot of senseless dribble to you, but you don't need that. All I can say, is that I hope and pray that things will improve for you. Don't let the bastards (whoever they are)win Dave. You ARE a good person, don't stop believing that.Dreams are hard to catch sometimes, but never give up trying. PS. I've eaten a few heads(and other parts) off way too many bunnies this Easter. Not good for the waist line, but YUM anyway...Hope your Easter was/is a good one.As always take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete