Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

A hard Time.

You know I find it interesting how small my problems seem when I look at the world around me, and remember most of the time I can barely use the left side of my body. The world is in complete chaos, I feel so bad for the people  going through these things. I am not really going anywhere with this, it's just on my mind....all the time. I mean Japan is ....is, just done, I mean how long till they recover if at all, more meltdowns could be on the way for them as well as more shakers and such. I don't know I am just at a loss right now. I just seem so tiny right now you know. It's a good thing in a way to feel this way because it shows you the large scope of the world and our tiny place in it. It's just sad that it takes this type of damage for us to really come out of our own worlds and take stock of ourselves. OK I feel a bit better having got that out.


Alright on with the count down, we are at number 6, OK I am gonna jam 2 movies in here because because it's a look at the best of the FOUND FILM sub-genre and these 2 do it the best, The Blair Witch Project changed the Horror genre and it opened the door to low budget hand camera films. It told a story in a new and fresh way and most importantly when I saw it in the theaters on day one when it was being passed off as a true story it really got me good, I can say that I was scared it was great a film, watch it before you go camping next I dare you. The other is Paranormal Activity, now this movie and the follow up are just fantastic and it takes the hand camera genera and flips it on its ear, I think the reason for that is all the really scary parts happened while they were in bed sleeping. Terror when your awake and can face it is one thing but terror when we are at our most vulnerable state in something else. This movie is great all across the board and some of the next films on the list did not exist it could have been number 1, I think that highly of it. So here's the new list enjoy eye listeners.

10. Night of the Living Dead/last 20 min of Shaun of the Dead.
9. Suspiria
8. The Exorcist
7. Lost Boys
6. Paranormal Activity/The Blair Witch Project

1 comment:

  1. G'day Dave. When something major happens like what Japan is going through it really does make us realise how vulnerable we are in the scheme of things. Love those horror movies, enjoying your countdown. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete