Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Quick hits/ honorible mentions I can't place.

WELL..... Another week has come and gone my friends, a lot is happening in the next 7 days. Baseball is back, for which I am very excited about. This is also WrestleMania week, with the Rock hosting, Stone Cold Steve Austin ref-ing, HHH looks to end The Undertakers streak at 18, and in my opinion the greatest star to ever step in the ring takes his rightful place among the immortals in the Hall of Fame in HBK Shawn Michaels. Also in Sports NBA and the NHL seasons are winding down and they are gearing up for their 2 and a half plus post season. The NCAA will crown a new champ in the college ranks of Basketball. Also it's a big week for me personally fore I will be finally getting the Hell out of Satan's Vacation Home and away from my Mom before our relationship erodes beyond repair if it's not at that point already, our apartment is almost ready and I may have found a way to make a few extra bucks, but we will see. There are many bad things going on in the world but I just don't want to get into them at the moment, I am trying to stay in the right here right now and my back, hip and groin are doing enough bad things to me that I have more than my plates full going on inside. Which I hate to do, turning your back on the world is not the way to deal with it's problems, but right now I have to fix me before I can move on.

I wanted to quickly take this moment to give credit to a few action stars that will not be on my list. Big names like Will Smith because of the fact that his Action movies are not really action, they are big budget light shows with cheesy and at times bad one liners thrown in. Most of the plots are re-hashes of things we have seen before and more often than not he relies on other star power to carry the film along when he is not doing his loud over the top shtick. He is getting better though as his age makes him less cute for the lady demographic and after more than 20 years in the game he is starting to learn how to act but he simply doesn't belong on this list. Wesley Snipes does belong but I simply don't have a spot for him, I think I can get away with throwing him in s soon to be released spot, but I'll give him his props here in case I can't. Tom Cruise while having some great Action Films still doesn't feel like a true action star to me or am I crazy, while that may be the case, I just have a hard time calling a guy who has to get a step stool to look me in the eyes a bad ass if he is not of Asian or Martial arts heritage. Also Keanu Reeves is going to miss the list by a fraction as well mainly because I will not give up my boy Bruce Campbell's spot, even though Mr. Reeves is deserving I just don't feel he is more deserving than Bruce. This list is just stacked and is only getting better the next spot will soon be polluting your eyes, my friends. So buckle up eye listeners.

2 comments:

  1. G'day Dave. Computer in shop being repaired. iPhone in use to see your blog and am replying through same. Don't know if it will come through ok. Great post by the way. Enjoying your list and your reasons for not lusting certain actors. Hope all goes well with moving to your new place. That will be fantastic.Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day again Dave. Disregard the word lusting. I meant listing. Saw your post about Mel Gibson, have never been a huge fan, but, did like the Lethal Weapon series and Braveheart and of course the first Mad Max. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete