Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

I guess that leads us to number 1.

Well this has been a fun week to blog, I have had a blast doing this countdown,  and would love to do another one, do you guys have any ideas, I would love to hear them. For those of you who just read mt blog but don't follow, please look on the right side of the blog and see where it says followers, well right there is a little rectangle that say follow please click on it, I would love to hear from you guys , and get your feedback, let me know what you would like me to countdown next or just drop in to say hi. I look forward to hearing from you.

OK so here we are Number 1, if you have paid attention to my list you may know where I'm going with this. The greatest Horror movie of all time is..... well here I will let Dr. Sam Loomis introduce the man responsible for the death of many a teen and the fear struck into many a babysitter.

     Dr. Sam Loomis " I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and, the blackest eyes... the *devil's* eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... *evil*. "

No truer words have been spoken, these were the words to describe one Michael Meyers. The best ( or worst depending on how you look at it ) thing about Michael is that he simply didn't stop coming, ever. I have to put Halloween 1 & 2 together because they are equally great and 2 picks right after 1 so they are a team, and together they make one great story from a great mind, John Carpenter, who wrote and directed this amazing tale. He is one of the greatest minds in all of cinema. Halloween is the greatest Horror movie of all time and one f the greatest movies period. Donald Pleasence was the leading force in this film but at the heart of this success is one women who got her start in the role of Laurie Strode, Her talent and simple beauty cut through the 4th wall of the movie and into the viewer, That's why she became known as the Scream Queen and John Carpenter Is the reigning King hands down. So here is the final Top Ten list in full.

10. Night of the Living Dead/last 20 min of Shaun of the Dead.
9. Suspiria
8. The Exorcist/ The Omen
7. Lost Boys
6. Paranormal Activity/The Blair Witch Project
5. Scream Series
4. The Shinning/ The Birds
3. A Nightmare on Elm Street
2. Jaws
1. Halloween 1 & 2

Some of you guys may be upset that some cult icon movies were not included or that my list is too mainstream, but this just how I see it and trust me I would love to be able to fit them all in here but I needed the best of the best. However here is a small list of honorable mentions.

Evil Dead, House of Usher, Friday the 13th, I know what you did last Summer, The Thing, Warlock, Alien, Amityville, An American Werewolf In London, Dog Soldiers, April Fools Day, Arachnophobia, Fright Night,
Hellraiser, Phantasm, Poltergeist, Predator, Stir of Echoes, The Gate, The Prophecy, The.Blob, The.Zombie.Diaries, Dawn of the Dead, just to name a few great films I had to pick through all these, while it was fun it was also hard because of all the greatness laid out before you.

Tell me what you guys think and send me your ideas for the next list, hope you enjoyed the countdown eye listeners.

1 comment:

  1. G'day Dave. I for one have enjoyed your countdown of the horror flicks.It's been very interesting reading why you have chosen them and why you have put them in the order you did. Great work. What about action movies? They are always a hit on my list. Terminator, Die Hard, OO7, to name a few. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete