Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Movies and other ideas.

I think I may now be looking for reasons to argue with my mom, I have spent so much energy and time being angry and fighting with her that maybe I'm too jaded to just be, now my pride would like to say NO that's not true. But if I move past that pesky thing that pride is then maybe I can just let go of my resentment for my mom. Does she do and say a bunch of rude and mean things, yes she does but that doesn't mean I have to buy into it and let it boil over. I have got to find a way to let go of the past when it comes to my mom but it's hard because she constantly throws the past around like a hot potato. So I am going to try and limit my conversations to certain topics with her. My other thing is how she is with my kid, you see my mom plays mind games and I see how she sets Alisha up to get into trouble but the problem is when I say anything, mom freaks out like I'm the bad guy here and it's not right. I think I just need to bide my time until I am out of here and then just let it go.

OK so back into movies, Liz had a good question about glowing eyes and Dario Argento's Suspiria which is ironic because it just so happens to ring in at number 9 on my Top Ten list of greatest horror movies of all time. Night of the living dead  was 10 and while some may differ on it's position I feel it is right where belongs, it's a great movie but Dario Argento's Suspiria is a really great movie and it is a legit scary film. Now on to Liz's question, there are glowing eyes in Suspiria, but I think the set of eyes you are refering to are in Salems lot but I will go back and watch both just to verify, great question. So now I will post another random Top Ten from another site along with my current list and we will move on to 8 tomorrow.

Dave's Top Ten

10. Night of the Living Dead
9. Suspiria

10 Pyhsco.

9. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

8. Jaws

7. Event Horizon

6. Rosemary's Baby

5. The Shinning

4. Halloween

3. Jacob's Ladder

2. The Exorcist 

1. The Thing

1 comment:

  1. G'day Dave. I appreciate you having another look at Suspiria for me. I have seen Salems Lot, but seem to feel that the movie I saw those eyes in was before Salems Lot came out and when I saw you list Suspiria I saw those eyes again and connected it with the movie. Let me know how you go. Haven't seen Event Horizon or Jacob's Ladder, but, will try to hunt them out at the video library.Keep thinking positive Dave. I am sure things at some stage will be much better for you and your family.Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete