Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Here's where the fun starts.

Well first of all guys I just want to say. just a few more days till I get in my new place and my family is whole once more. Without Them I feel .. empty.

OK next item of business, Liz your IPhone works fine, thank you for going the extra mile to comment, I hope the Roosters Revenge tale was not too ill-timed and insensitive. I just have a funny way of dealing with grief of any kind, I hope, as I did you got a good chuckle picturing the tale as I wove it into form. And you need not worry blog-o-sphere I will never stop blogging, it's cheaper than a shrink and I feel.... what's the word...empowered by it, like I said this has given  a measure of my life back.

If you only were to watch one Monday Night Raw this year lat night was the one to watch. It was the final build to WrestleMania on Sunday, and it didn't let me down. We had a show down between HHH and the Undertaker, Epic, HBK made a surprise appearance during it, Major Epic, And Finally the Rock has come back ..... Home, he was at his best on the mic last night and also he showed he can still Layeth The Smacketh Down on anyones candy ass, he looked great he brought it and did his signature moves beat up the Miz and his lacky before getting laid out from behind by John Cena. Even if they don't have a full match at WM you can see they are building to a momentous match in the very near future, can't wait. I am now a member of Team Bring It.

OK Folks on to number 5 and this is when the fun starts, like I have done with other spots I am giving number 5 to a sub-genre, and one that could very well have it's own top 10 list at some point, and since it is so big and influential I don't need to give you movie resumes of the stars that brought it to success, and if you don't know these names than you need to start watching more movies, these guys have jumped from a niche genre and became brands all their own. However because of the names I have from 4 to 1 I can't put them any higher than 5.

Martial Arts have come a very long way and now are mainstream, mania back in the day had the " B Movie " or " Cult Classic " moniker but ever since Jackie Chan switched over to American set and filmed movies with Rumble in the Bronx, the stars have come out of the wood work. Now of course everyone new their names like Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee, and Bolo and such but yet they still were not " Mainstream " now they are so I want to take a moment and throw the name at you of the stars that built a genre. Of course we begin with the aforementioned Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan, but there are many more like Jet Li, Yun-Fat Chow,  and yes I put Jason Stathan here as well awesome dude, great action guy and he needed to get his props here. We also got Tony Ja, Ziyi Zhang, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude Van Damme,  Sho Kosugi, Donnie Yen, Samo Hung,  and Lau Kar Fai, the list is endless, but as a rep for our purposes will use 4 guys that are all equally responsible for the acceptance of martial arts flicks.

10. Bruce Campbell
9. Ladies of Action - Milla Jovovich***
8. Steven Seagal
7. Mel Gibson
6. The Western - John Wayne and Clint Eastwood
5. Martial Arts - Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, JCVD and Chuck Norris

Alright eye listeners not we really get going strong, join me for the stretch run will you.


2 comments:

  1. Well I am glad things are looking up for you and starting to go well finally. I amy not always comment but I do check and read your blog on a daily basis. I am glad that this blog helps you in some way start writing a blog and talk about your feeling openly and hope this venture will continue to grow and help you find more peace within yourself. Good luck with the move and I hope things just better from here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Dave. Thanks for letting me know my iPhone worked for posting on your blog. You and your family must be so looking forward to moving into your new place, how exciting.Yes, it's amazing how therapeutic these blogs can be. I am amazed how much I enjoy it. Well, Dave, this will be a whole new chapter in your life and may you go from strength, to strength. Jean Claude Van Damme was one of my favourite actors some years ago. I haven't heard much about him though for some time. Is he still making movies etc? and as for Chuck Norris, I must admit I had a soft for him. Was he in a series that had something to do with being a US Marshall or am I thinking of someone else? I can't quite put a name to the show I am thinking of and what has happened to him? I suppose they are all getting older, but I would still like to think they are still out there doing something!!! As always, take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete