Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Still Still awake

Still can't sleep but that's part of the reason why I'm blogging, so I know with my blog name what it is you may be wondering what happened to me so I thought I might get into a bit. So I came into the army at 18 right out of high school in fact I came into basic 2 months before 9/11, and I was in basic when it happened and it was scary, all these rumors where going on and I was ... a kid......I was 18 and I was very much considering leaving but I stayed after I saw the footage of the towers, it was upsetting but it brought my platoon and really the whole company together and we leaned on each other to get through it and we did, we only lost a few people, not everyone will make through basic, I still talk to a few of them as a matter of fact. But as far as foreboding goes this was not an ideal start to my career. Then I head to advanced training or A.I.T. for 9 months  ( Communications ) and it flew by because I knew I was going to Germany but unfortunately I went to a station known as the rock, basically the worst duty station one can get over here, 10 of my first 11 months was spent in the field and it was cold and snowy and awful so I was surprised to find out in mid 03 that I was heading to Iraq I mean I just was training for a whole year in the snow so obviously where better to use that knowledge than a frigging water less desert. I saw many things I wish I could UN-see but I made it through and almost to the end unhurt but that was not to be, during a small fire-fight I had to jump from a large vehicle with my gear on and as I did that I practically tore most of my ligaments on my left side and gave myself a double hernia. fast forward a few years to 2006 I had a relapse of a hernia on my left side and long story short my Doctor stitched up my nerves into my groin where they stayed for nearly 3 years to get crunched on and just smashed beyond repair also screwed my hip up as well. After I healed a bit I got sent off to Iraq again which was OK I wanted to shed weight and get promoted and re-up while I was there, Shortly after getting there ( in fact mere weeks after that pic. with HBK and HHH below ) I was walking around on the base and boom I couldn't move, and then the pain set in, I can't describe what it felt like it was horrid like burning knives tearing through my body so after some tests I got med-evaced back to Germany because they didn't know what was wrong with me, when I got the they felt it was a nerve problem so they gave me a temp. nerve block and sent me on my way and by May I was back to Iraq ( later I would find I was never supposed to return there ) and after a couple months of toughing it out the nerve block went away and I was back in pain and couldn't move again so once again I was Med-Evaced and this time the just put a permanent spinal cord stimulator in my back which kinda helps, at least it lets me walk with a came so that's better than nothing.Since things have only gotten worse and now as I head to my 1 year anniversary of retirement I can take the time and reflect upon it with a bunch of strangers but I think it is what I need right now and hopefully there are some people out there that have been through similar events and can relate and we can share ideas and help each other , cause that's what we are here for right.... to help each other and grow together.

OK enough with the chick flick moment. Let me say this Go Bears Go baby right, I think we got a shot to got to the Super Bowl and get trashed by New England's Brady Bunch, but we will deal with that when we get there. But really it's a great time to be Chicago sports fan the Black hawks won it all last year and look strong this year the Bulls look real good and should get even better when Noah returns ( if you don't thin Rose is a legit MVP contender than you need to watch more basketball ). My Cubbies had a bad year but we brought back my man Kerry Wood and got Matt Garza and to a lesser extent Pena so I think we will compete in a very win-able N.L. Central.

Other things I up on right now Glee, Fable 3, Fallout NV, and god forgive me the Jersey Shore ( I love those crazy people ) and can't wait for The Walking Dead to return if you wanna chat about anything just drop me a comment I'm a very open guy and I'll discuss most things about my Army past and such and love to talk about everything else. So thanks again for eye listening people.

No comments:

Post a Comment