Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back to blogging

So I have decided not to start a new blog with specific directions, like 1 for sports or 1 for TV and film, in lieu of that I am just going to have days that target those interests just to keep things fresh.

Today's Focus is Wrestling.

While wrestling may not be everybody's cup-o-tea it is one of my favorite things and after the weekend of wrestling that was I wanted to share my opinions. But before I begin I want you all to know I am mainly focusing on the WWE and TNA, I do watch NWA in Hollywood and ROH and a bunch of other inde. stuff but I want to focus on the main promotions. Also I just want to state I have been watching wrestling for about 25 years and I worked for a few inde. companies and once briefly helped set up some stuff for WCW when they came to Vegas which was pretty often. My Mom and I met and had long talks with many of the wrestlers and as you can see by some of the pics I have added that I was their in 2007 in Iraq when the put on a show for us. In fact if you watch that years tribute to the troops ( the name of the show they put on ) you will see that HBK throws his shirt into the crowd well I'm the one who caught it and you can even see me wearing it on camera it was awesome after I got it signed by both HHH and HBK ( Shawn Michaels ). So I am a bit of a fan you can say but it is more than that I went to wrestling school ( one of WCW's at the time ) for a whole 3 weeks and let me tell you what they do is amazing. Here we go.

Quickly on TNA, ( Total Non-stop Action ) I don't know what is going on back stage but this promotion is being run into the ground, it was once promising with young stars like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe and Chris Daniels and a myriad of others, but now those guys are either out of the company ( Daniels ) lost it a mid-card status ( Joe ) or maybe even worst of all caught in the most convoluted and worst thought out story line ever ( the 3rd rehash of the they/them story ) I truly feel the only reason why Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson have had title runs is to stick it to Vince Mcmahon. You know show him that these guys are main eventers. The problem is they are not. Don't get me wrong they are great, 2 of my Favs. to be honest but the way they are used in TNA is not highlighting their best skills. TNA can still be saved but they have to move quickly, they must start putiing the emphasis back on the X division, they have a bunch of guys that can flat out go, also they need to cut about 1/4th of their roster start fresh and stop freaking out about the story lines, they change directions far to often, So I feel if they start fresh take the spotlight off of Flair ( I'll get to you later buddy ) Hogan and Bishoff and back on the guys that got you here. Next bring back the six sided ring it was fun and opened up more possibilities for the superstars. Stop trying to re-live the past and just let some of these amazing dudes do their thing.

OK on to WWE wow what a week for them, I don't really know what to say they brought back 2 old school Favorites that they both got huge POPS ( Kevin Nash and Booker T ) but neither were on Raw last night and after a fairly decent PPV ( Royal Rumble ) they come back with a very weak raw that saw Jerry Lawler become the new #1 contender, stupid move I mean I know why they are doing it, they are setting up Micheal Cole vs. the King at Wrestlemania which the King has never performed so I get that part of it but all they are doing is making the Miz look like a very weak champ. Also I think it's time to go back to PG-13 now I am not saying I want blood and bard wire matches or anything like that but this is wrestling and it is violent and I think the PG thing just hinders them in the creative department sometimes.

Quick list of my 5 Favs. of all time
5. Bruno Sanmartino, 4.Rick Flair 3. Chris Jericho 2. Ricky Steamboat 1. HBK

Quick list of best right now.
5. AJ Styles 4.Daniel Bryan 3. Edge 2. CM Punk 1. John Morrison

OK so there we are Tomorrow will be Sports so buckle up eye listeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment