Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reaching for a reason.

You know guys I think the hardest thing in life is finding a reason just to be. To be is not as easy as one might think, ever since I was told by the army I no longer have value to them which is basically what they did when they retired me. I have struggled to find purpose, I mean don't get me wrong being a father is purpose and same is being a husband, but that's not really what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about a need for something outside of the everyday rigors of life, like as a soldier I was serving something greater than myself, teaching younger soldiers and having a feeling that whatever I was doing was better just because I was involved. When I do something I don't half-ass it, I put my soul into it, and being injured and basically crippled has taken a toll on my spirit. I have been looking for things to put myself into, this blog being a great example of that. So what I found is all that searching and reaching for purpose ....well, is my purpose. Trying to make myself better, fixing those flaws that we all have trying to grow I feel I have become more patient and less angry at the world, personal growth is what I live for now and you know what, I like it.


Don't know if any of you like wrestling like I do ( I know Liz is kinda into it ) but the Rock is back baby and he didn't miss a beat in his return.



... Of the Day

If there are any metal heads out there check out Lordi very good band with great videos.


In lieu of a show today I have a book of the day , check out the heel of Time series by the Iconic late Robert Jordan very fun set o books.


For movie lets go with Batteries Not Included, great family movie very cute.

Take it easy eye listeners.

2 comments:

  1. G'day Dave. You keep that purpose going Dave.Help me out here Dave. The Rock, is he the same Rock that makes movies, or is this Rock only into Wrestling?? Haven't heard of Lordi,or Robert Jordan and have not seen Batteries Not Included. I must lead a sheltered life!!! I will look up Lordi and Robert Jordan and if I come across the movie I will watch it. That's about the best I can do. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something I know!!! I am a big fan of the Rock! It's nice to hear he is going back. Finding a purpose is never easy. It also makes you take a hard look at yourself which I commend you on that. Most people do not like to admit their faults. It is not easy to change something you have been doing for so long. The rest went over my head. Don't feel bad Liz or David, I live a sheltered but hetic life. I am lucky to know something at all!

    ReplyDelete