Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dead Island OMG!!!

Now I realize as I start this I may be a bit tardy to the party. But being in Germany I do have a tendency to miss some entertainment things so please forgive me. Most of you ( if you have known me for years or have just bonded with through this blog ) know that I have a passion for a great many thing. Topping that long list are among others 2 things, Video Games and Zombies and when they are combined it is a wonderful thing in Video Gaming, now I have played mostly all of the Zombie games that have come out and have enjoyed them very much, some more than others as with anything. I also ( no secret ) love movies, now when a company can tie all three together in a Trailer for a game that is just bliss for me. When it comes to Zombies I feel I have seen it all, be it the J-Horror smash Tokyo Zombie, or the British Zomedy Shaun of the Dead to the Peter Jackson directed Dead Alive. I just can't get enough, I love the way stories are told in the horror genre all together and feel that Zombie movies with the emotion and energy and Un-easiness that they bring only raises that to a new level in story telling. Zombie movies effect us because they are personal, they tell a tale of friends, room mates, family, lovers, children, even pets and their bonds with each other and then they flip that on its ear when they plug the most intense and horrifying situation imaginable into that bond....a zombie out break. It's that bond that's important that bond ripping away at it's seems that is the jostling part even more so than the ripping on flesh and bones apart witch lets be honest is pretty scary on its own. Humanity is flawed as we know, as much as we try to assimilate love and family and togetherness their is that under the skin instinct no one can deny, that urge that makes man capable of ANYTHING and that is Survival. Through time we have seen what we can do in the name of survival, what is justified in the name of survival, and most jarring what we can do to each other in the name of it. Accusing, abandoning, killing and even eating one another merely to survive. Don't get me wrong here there are many tales of unification during duress and I am all for that but what regularly happens to that unit in the extreme.... death or worse, now add to those situations of unification and survival and throw in a zombie or two, and what do you have now ...chaos If you need a further example of this go ahead and have the Z-day talk with your boy/girl friend, your best friends your children ( when they get old enough of course ) or your spouse, you know what talk I mean. The what would you do if I got bitten talk and prepare to be horrified, my wife told me she would comfort me and I thought that was great until I realized that she wasn't finished talking, just taking a breath, and then she finished her sentence with, until you start to turn then I put a sun roof where your face should be. It's a scary thought, one most people write off as impossible but let me assure you it's going to happen. Right now there are scientists all over the world doing cell research some that have even been able to re-animate dead cells ( for a matter of seconds ...yes but still ) check it out for yourselves and then ask yourselves again, can it happen, is there no chance in hell that with all the crazy things, impossible things that we have read about or have seen in our lives that it could happen. Now some of you won't like this but think for a moment about religious beliefs and all the amazing but impossible things your are asked to take on pure 100% faith alone and ask the question again can it happen. Some of you are really not gonna like this but the big J himself, gods only son can, if taken literally be considered the first zombie, came back to life after a brutal death, walked the Earth after death, and the whole eat of my flesh and drink of my blood thing, am I stretching the story to great lengths foe me own gains.........well yeah but come on we are talking about Zombies here I need all the help I can get. OK now you may be asking yourselves what brought on this loooong winded yammering blog, well I re-direct you to the title of this blog and that would be the trailer for the upcoming video game Dead Island and the Literal version of said trailer both of which are conveniently located on my Facebook page for those that have it for those that want it hit me up for those who do not just Google Dead Island and you will find it very easily. Go watch it quickly and come back, no really I'll wait go..................................................... OK back? Good. WOW right, think of what emotions that 3 mins. bring out, if gore and zombies are not your thing then I am sorry for this whole diatribe but for the rest of you..... OMG right. It also helps if you read the makers story behind it which also can be found with little effort here is the link for it check it out at. http://www.develop-online.net/features/1137/How-we-made-the-gore-ballet-Dead-Island-trailer. It provides insight in the thinking of the trailer and it is truly quite remarkable. Now in some this trailer has sparked awe in others outrage but the point is in brought something out in you and why I feel that this specific trailer not all but this one is art and a masterpiece for what it is and I loved it and it has already been bought, the rights that is, to be made into a movie. Quite simply folks this is the greatest Trailer of all time. Awesome. OK eye listeners let the hate on me begin.






...Of the Day.


Song Zombie by The Cranberries

Show The British smash Dead Set about a Reality TV show that is going on when a ....you guessed it a zombie outbreak occurs. 


And lastly Movie ..... Zombieland Great flick and very fun with maybe the greatest cameo in the history of cameos.


Have a good one guys.


2 comments:

  1. G'day Dave. Well, yes, I have just Googled Dead Island. I can imagine watching this on a stormy wintery night, or I guess any night would do!!Your thoughts on the BIG J being the first Zombie, that's an interesting concept.I guess the main difference being that J came back with love and peace and forgivness on his mind rather than the zombies of movie fame do. I am not religious, so therefore am not offended by that comment. It is an interesting one Dave. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete