Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's the little things.

We all know that money can't buy love and happiness, but sometimes a small purchase can rent happiness, it's been a long while since we have been able to buy anything just for us you know. Not food but a nice material thing. Now I am by no means a materialistic person but like many I do enjoy a cool gadget or two when we have a little extra cash or if I had a big night playing poker ( big poker junkie ). So with us getting ready to move into a new apartment ( thanks to Mel's boss ) I thought we all could use a little treat, it has been a long time since we could do that and I wanted to make everyone weekend a little better. The VA finally got a few things in order and got me my back pay check ( no where near what I should be getting but hey it's a start ) so I let everyone pick out something neat and I got a 2 terabyte hard drive which I needed badly and I just love it, now I can re-organize my movies and shows and make things easier for when get into our new place. I know it's nerdy but hey that's me. If you all haven't figured it out by now movies are a big part of my life, I feel everyone has a unique aspect to them and I love analyzing them and studying them and see what makes them tick, movie autopsy if you will. So it's nice when I can put my collection in order. Unfortunately I paid dearly for leaving the house, I slipped off the curb and jammed my weight into my left leg and have had one big nerve spazz attack, that has rendered me helpless and locked up since, bottom line big pain makes me not able to walk. It's OK though eye listeners a cortazone shot or two and I'll be fine.


...Of the day

Music check out my best friend's band Metal Steel on Facebook, just type in the name they are an 80's metal cover band, Don't judge by their name, their pretty good my besty is the singer. I know chep plug but I love the dude.

TV show this is a two-fer check out the rad old school show Blossom then go see the main character
Mayim Bialik on the Big Bang Theory she has brought new life to the show and has quickly become one of my favorite characters on all of TV.

Check out the 80's flick Bird on a Wire with Mel Gibson and Goldie Hawn, good movie. For my horror peeps lets see oh I got it wrap your eyes around this double feature Warlock 1&2 skip 3 it's horrid but the first 2 rock.

OK my valued eye listeners gotta lay down and try to feel better, till tomorrow peace.

1 comment:

  1. G'day Dave. Good on you for your splurge. It's always nice to buy something we really want or need. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete