Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

Movie backlog

...Of the day is one of my fav. things to do...I mean that. It gives me a chance to focus and bring to light things I feel are worth note. The best part for me is the movies. No matter what goes on in my life
I have them just a click away since I've gone digital. I just love movies, just a great form of media and it's no shock that I am partial to Horror flicks. I feel they can tell a story like no other genre, they are not limited by genre some of my best deep belly laughs have come from horror movies. Don't get me wrong I love books, love to read, I still feel that the written word is mans greatest accomplishment. Writing goes hand in film, screenplays is the lingo but one hand washes the other, and I love seeing the written word transformed onto the screen. A very big impact on my life is when I read the Shinning by Stephen King, and then although it differs in a myriad of ways to see it brought to life by Jack Nicholson and to see it polished by the genius that was Stanley Kubrick well, I'll take the changes because that movie is a work of art that is literary magic done due justice by a master of his craft. If you go back and watch the making you will see Stephen King there on set working with Kubrick and although many years later King would fund a miniseries movies reworking of the book with the ending from it he still has a great love from Kubricks master work. I got a bit off topic here I wanted to talk about the back log of movies I have before me. I, like you Liz have not yet seen this years Oscar winning best film The King's Speech but I will but this week it is my goal to make time since I have so much of it, to watch all the great film I missed this year. I invite you all to try and do the same even if it's just a few, try and get lost in the magic that is cinema.

...Of the day

Music - lets go with one of the greatest overall albums of all time AC/DC's Back in Black.

TV - Give yourself a good hour of Discovery channel or Animal Planet great stuff.

Film - Lets cover the plate here, The True Grit remake, Forget Paris for the romantic comedy seekers and Robert Rodriguez's Half of Grindhouse the over the top Planet Terror... Enjoy eye listeners.

1 comment:

  1. G'day Dave. I have enjoyed reading your blog today. Stephen King has written some terrific books, he is a master of the craft. I too enjoy movies and like you horror are my favourite, though I do like to diversify sometimes. AC/DC, a truly great band. I don't know if you remember their original singer Bon Scott, well, I had the privlige of meeting him a long,long time ago and at the time he was drinking from a bottle of coke and he offered me some and one way or another I ended up with the bottle. I still have it. Sorry Dave, I have started babbling on about myself, so before I am tempted to go any further I will say, take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete